Skip to main content
Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, toothbrush or denture brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use dishwashing liquid to cleanse your denture instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Inspect your denture for small stress lines.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use,store dentures out of the reach of any pets. They tend to chew them.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5-10 years.