At Cobb Family Dentistry, we only recommend a tooth extraction when we’ve exhausted all other possible treatment options designed to save your tooth. However, sometimes a tooth extraction is the only option for protecting your oral health.
Dr. Reid Popple performs simple and surgical extractions at our Mableton dental office. Dr. Popple is also a highly skilled and experienced implant dentist who can do extractions, bone grafting, or implant placement simultaneously.
Comfortable Tooth Extractions in Mableton, GA
It’s normal to feel nervous about a tooth extraction, but our dental team will do whatever we need to so you feel completely comfortable and at ease. Your comfort is of the highest importance to us, and we’re always happy to explain the treatment and explore other relaxation options, like sedation.
With an experienced and professional team like ours, you can rest assured you’re in the most capable and gentle hands. Whether you would like to relax with a neck pillow and nitrous oxide, or you want to enjoy soothing music or your favorite Netflix show, we will accommodate you!
Common Reasons for a Tooth Extraction
Many situations may warrant a gentle tooth extraction:
- Severe dental damage from trauma
- Extensive tooth decay
- Severe break or fracture in the tooth
- Overcrowding teeth
- Wisdom teeth
- Preparation for orthodontics
If you require a tooth extraction, we will take the time to explain why and how it can benefit your oral health and wellness. Dr. Popple uses 3-D cone beam imaging technology to help visualize your unique situation. We’re also happy to discuss your tooth replacement options––like dental implants, dentures, and bridges––so you can enjoy a complete smile again.
The Tooth Extraction Process
Popple performs two types of extractions at Cobb Family Dentistry:
- A simple extraction is the removal of a visible, or emerged, tooth. Your dentist will numb the area and gently loosen and remove the tooth.
- A surgical extraction removes an unerupted tooth, such as an impacted tooth or a tooth broken at the gumline. Your dentist numbs the area and removes the underlying tooth from beneath the gums.
During your appointment, Dr. Popple will evaluate your condition and determine which type of extraction will best meet your needs. If you need a tooth replacement after your extraction, Dr. Popple will help you find the most natural-looking and functional option for your one-of-a-kind smile.
Caring for Your Smile After a Tooth Extraction
Caring for your tooth extraction site is essential. Please follow Dr. Popple’s instructions and contact us if you have concerns or questions to promote proper healing.
- Use ice packs on the cheek near the extraction site to control swelling.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers can help reduce pain and discomfort.
- Avoid smoking and drinking through a straw for the first 24 hours after the extraction.
- Avoid vigorously rinsing your mouth for the first 24 hours after the extraction.
Do You Need a Gentle Tooth Extraction in Mableton, GA?
If you think you might need a tooth extraction, please don’t delay contacting our dental office. The longer you wait to receive necessary treatment, the worse your situation can get. Our team at Cobb Family Dentistry is here to help you achieve a comfortable, problem-free smile. We will always recommend the best treatment for your individual needs so you can reclaim your oral health and self-confidence.
Please call Cobb Family Dentistry at (770) 944-8620, so we can provide you with the relief and exceptional care you need.